- China Construction Realty Ltd v Lucky Dragon Ltd HCA 1237/2012. Successfully defended a defendant and its director against charges of contempt of court in a case involving claims of conspiracy to defraud creditors.
- Nokia Corporation v TCT Mobile  2 HKLRD 43. In the contect of a dispute under a patent license agreement, the case raised interesting issues of specific discovery where the licensor (represented by CW) sought documents to prove royalties due under the agreement.
- Xcelom Ltd v BGI-Hong Kong Co Ltd  1 HKLRD 421. CW acted for the patentee in one of the first cases in Hong Kong involving infringement of a biochemical technology patent in an application for interlocutory injunction.
- CSS Jewellery Co Ltd v Registrar of Trade Marks  1 HKC 563. A trademark dispute between two undertakings with common historical origins, this was the first court case in which the doctrine of honest concurrent use was examined in the context of the new Trade Marks Ordinance.
- Dynasty Line Ltd v Sukamto Sia, FAMV 38 of 2009. CW (appearing with John Scott SC) acted in an application for leave to appeal to the Court of Final Appeal. A fairly complex commercial dispute with an international flavour, it hinged on an analysis of the suitability of a foreign court as an appropriate forum for the dispute.
- Lam Ching Sheung v The Official Receiver  5 HKLRD 278. CW successfully defended the Official Receiver against a claim by a former bankrupt for misfeasance in public office in a ruling which was upheld by the Court of Appeal.
- Peconic Industrial Development Ltd v Lau Kwok Fai & Others (2009) 12 HKCFAR 139. CW was the junior in this ground-breaking case in a common law jurisdiction regarding the applicability of limitation periods to dishonest assistance claims, in this case, against a fraudulent solicitor.
- Oriental Sharp Ltd v Hong Kong Housing Authority  3 HKLRD 508. CW acted for a developer in a major claim for losses in the wake of the Government's disastrous subsidised housing policy decision in 1998. The case raises nice issues of interpretation of the terms of a government grant and economic torts.
- Guangzhou Green-Enhan Bio-Engineering Co Ltd v Green Power Health Products International Co Ltd  1 HKLRD 50. One of the most prominent intellectual property disputes in recent years, the decision was reached after a lengthy trial in the Court of First Instance involving complex issues of passing off, trade mark, copyright and trade libel.
- AXA China Insurance Co Ltd v Pacific Century Insurance Co Ltd  3 HKC 1. Against the background of an application for interlocutory injunction, the case has become a landmark local authority on breach of confidence and restrictive covenants.
- Lion Capital LLP v Registrar of Trade Marks  1 HKLRD 272. Representing the Registrar of Trade Marks, CW defended an appeal from the Registrar's decision based on conflict with a similar earlier mark.
In addition, CW has taken part in many international arbitrations administered by the HKIAC in cases concerning commercial disputes, technology transfer, business secrets and patent infringement.
- 香港特別行政区区域法院暂委法官 (2015年12月)
- Contributing Editor, Hong Kong Civil Procedure, 1999 to date
- Ex-employees and intellectual property rights - IP issues in an employment context (2010) LPC