Eva joined Des Voeux Chambers as a tenant in 2014. She has been involved in a wide range of civil cases, including trusts, land, and public law matters. She is also interested in developing further her practice in the areas of commercial crime and tax.
Prior to obtaining her degree in Jurisprudence from Oxford University in 2012, Eva graduated from the Chinese University of Hong Kong with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree majoring in Economics, with First Class Honours.
Between her legal studies and pupillage, in 2012 and 2013, Eva assisted Mr. David Perry Q.C. in two cases in the United Kingdom Supreme Court, namely R v Varma  UKSC 44 (concerning confiscation orders) and R (Nicklinson) v Ministry of Justice  UKSC 38 (concerning assisted suicide and euthanasia). She also served as Judge’s Marshall for a few months, in the Court of Final Appeal (with the Hon. Ma CJ) and the Court of Appeal (with the Hon. Lam V-P), and the Divisional Court of England and Wales (Royal Courts of Justice) in London (with the Honourable Royce J).
- Charles Ching Memorial Scholarship 
- Swire Scholarships 
- Dean’s List, CUHK [consecutive 3 years]
- Lai Hoi Ping and Another v Unknown Persons, HCA 2104/2014 (successfully obtained an ex parte injunction and continued inter partes injunction restraining public nuisance in relation to the “Occupy Central Campaign” – led by Mr. Johnny Mok S.C. and Mr. José-Antonio Maurellet S.C.)
- Best Galaxy v Unknown Persons, HCA 1731/2016 (successfully obtained an ex parte injunction and continued inter partes injunction restraining trespass and private nuisance concerning a piece of land in Fanling – led by Mr. Johnny Mok S.C. and Dr. William Wong S.C.)
- Luk Yuk Han v Hong Kong Housing Authority & The Appeal Panel (Housing), HCAL 87/2016 (acted for the Housing Authority as sole counsel and successfully resisted an application for leave to apply for judicial review in relation to constitutional rights guaranteed by the Basic Law and the Bill of Rights)
- Mok Yim Hei v. Hong Kong Housing Authority, CACV 147/2015 (successfully appealed against Lands Tribunal’s judgment concerning quantum of management fees awarded against HKHA – led by Mr. Johnny Mok S.C.)
- Yan Caiping v Diamond Dragon Finance Company, DCCJ 4395/2013 (appear as sole trial counsel concerning redemption of property in a mortgage action; judgment pending)
Company and Commercial Litigation
- High Fashion New Media Corporation Ltd v Leong Ma Li and Another, HCA 1953/2014 (acted for the company and obtained an inter partes injunction for compliance with directors’ resolutions – led by Dr. William Wong S.C.)
- Hansen International Ltd v High Fashion Apparel Ltd & Others, HCA 1724/2014 (acted for the company in interlocutory hearings concerning shareholders’ dispute – led by Dr. William Wong S.C.)
- High Fashion New Media Corporation Ltd v Leong Ma Li, HCMP 108/2016 & 1707/2016 (acted for the company as sole counsel in two related committal proceedings)
- Highmax Overseas Ltd and Others v Chau Kar Hon, Quinton and Another  3 HKLRD 584 (acted for a trustee company in a Beddoe Order appeal – led by Mr. Douglas Lam S.C.)
- Menno Leendert Vos v Global Fair Industrial Ltd and Others, CACV 281/2009 (successfully resisted an appeal by a constructive trustee in case involving knowing receipt and dishonest assistance – led by Mr. Douglas Lam S.C.)
- Global Fair Industrial Ltd v Menno Leendert Vos, FAMV 7/2015. Knowing Receipt and Dishonest Assistance – factual appeal to the CFA. (successfully resisted an application for leave to appeal to the Court of Final Appeal – led by Mr. Douglas Lam S.C.)
- Acting as sole counsel in a resulting/constructive trust proceedings involving the purchase of properties by a business partnership.
- Advisory work concerning tax-related litigation or prosecution under the Inland Revenue Ordinance, Cap. 112 (including non-compliance incidents and tax evasion – led by Mr. Chua Guan-Hock S.C.)
- Advisory work concerning tax-related settlement agreement with the Inland Revenue Department under the Inland Revenue Ordinance, Cap. 112 (including procedural practice and common law issues – led by Mr. Chua Guan-Hock S.C.)
- Acron International Technology Ltd v Chan Yiu Wai and Another, HCA 1709/2010. Employees’ Invention. (appeared as junior counsel in the trial and successfully claimed against a former employee for patent of an invention innovated during the course of her employment; the first Hong Kong trial in this regard – with Ms. Rachel Lam)
- WMY v CSK. Ancillary Relief (appear as junior counsel in the trial for ancillary relief and successfully claimed the relief proposed by the petitioner – led by Mr. Douglas Lam S.C.)
Regulatory and Securities
- Advised on matters concerning regulations of SFA and HKMA, and anti-money laundry related issues (as sole counsel and with Ms. Rachel Lam.)
- Advised on matters concerning trade union (led by Mr. Johnny Mok S.C.)
Personal Injuries and Employees’ Compensation
- Tsang Sau Yan v Man Shing Cleaning Service Co. Ltd, DCPI 2757/2012. Personal Injuries Trial. (appeared as sole trial counsel concerning a personal injuries claim against the employer on vicarious liabilities and negligence)
- Chan Kam Wing Johnny v Moy Yuk Ki Caroline & Ors, DCPI 2859/2014. Personal Injuries Trial. (appeared as sole trial counsel concerning a personal injuries claim against the occupiers under the Occupiers’ Liability Ordinance, Cap. 314 and common law. Case settled during trial with favourable terms.)
- Wang Jinhong v Anway Limited and MTR Corporation Limited, DCPI 2789/2015. Expert Evidence. (appeared as sole counsel and successfully applied for adducing expert evidence concerning psychiatric illnesses.)
- Advised, as sole counsel, on personal injuries and employees’ compensation claims including trials and interlocutory matters.
English, Cantonese and Mandarin