Jacqueline was awarded the Bar Scholarship and Charles Ching Memorial Scholarship in 2013. She is developing a broad civil and commercial practice in line with Chambers’ profile with experience and interest in company and insolvency, trust and probate, land, intellectual property, insurance, employment and shipping law matters.
Within her first year of practice, Jacqueline had acted as sole advocate in a 5-day arbitration concerning a US$20 million claim for breach of shareholders’ agreement. The dispute involved issues of interpretation of “best endeavours” clauses, causation and quantum of damages, and the tribunal’s jurisdiction to grant relief.
Since joining Chambers in 2014, Jacqueline has appeared led and as sole advocate in trials concerning claims of undervalue transactions, adverse possession, torts of maintenance and champerty, administration of estate and ownership of properties (land and company shares). She has experience in handling contested interlocutory applications including for default judgment, summary judgment, specific discovery, charging order, striking out, expert evidence and injunctions.
Jacqueline also has a particular interest in matrimonial matters. She has provided advice and representation to husbands, wives and separating unmarried parents in matters ranging from variation of maintenance orders (interim and final), enforcement of undertakings, applications for litigation funding, avoidance of disposition, to preliminary issue trial on the ownership of the matrimonial home and financial provision for children of unmarried couples.
- Bar Scholarship (2013)
- Charles Ching Memorial Scholarship (2013)
- University of Oxford Law Faculty Prize in Commercial Remedies (2013)
- Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fellowship for Overseas Studies (2012)
- Brian McElney Medal in Law (2012)
- The Sweet and Maxwell Edlyn Yap Prize for Litigation (2012)
- The Oldham, Li & Nie Prize in Matrimonial Practice and Procedure (2012)
- Dean’s Honours List (2007-2011)
- Baker and McKenzie Prize in Company Law (2011)
- Deacons Prize in Law (2010)
- Linklaters Prize for Overall Excellence in Law (2009)
- Freshfields Prize in Legal Skills (2009)
- Des Voeux Chambers Junior Scholarship (2009)
- 13 other prizes and awards
Company and Insolvency
- Re Ricco (International) Company Ltd, HCMP 1808/2016: For the Company in applying to set aside an allotment of shares in a transaction contravening s.47A of the former Companies Ordinance (Cap. 32)
- Re Joint Silver Ltd, HCCW 1/2016 & HCMP 552/2016 (led by Douglas Lam S.C.): For the Liquidators in a Petition to wind up a company already in creditors’ voluntary liquidation and replace the liquidators.
- Cheung Hing v. Wah Fong Forest Resources Ltd, HCMP 2433/2012: For the Intervener in an application to commence statutory derivative actions.
- Cheung Hing v. Wah Fong Forest Resources Ltd, HCMP 3/2016: For the Defendant in defending an application for summary and/or default judgment.
- Li Fei Yu v. WDI International (HK) Ltd, HCMP 2928/2014; Melvin Waxman & Anor. v. WDI International (HK) Ltd, HCMP 743/2015 (led by Douglas Lam S.C.): For a shareholder director in defending an application to set aside company resolutions and to convene company meeting.
- Wong Tak Man, Stephen v. Cheung Siu Fai,  5 HKLRD 923 (led by Robert Whitehead S.C. and Jose Maurellet): For the trustees in bankruptcy in applying to set aside multiple transfers as being transactions at an undervalue and unfair preferences under the Bankruptcy Ordinance (Cap. 6).
- Fung Hing Chiu Cyril v Henry Wai & Co (a firm) HCMP 1699/2017; Grandom Asia Holding Ltd v Henry Wai & Co (a firm). HCMP 1700/2017 (led by Audrey Eu S.C.): For the solicitors' firm in applying for stay of court proceedings in favour of arbitration.
- Danco International Limited v Luxe Home Limited, LDBM 180/2016: For the Incorporated Owners in applying for stay of Lands Tribunal proceedings in favour of arbitration.
- Arjowiggins HKK2 Ltd v. X Co, HCMP 53/2015 (with Teresa Wu): For the award debtor in applying to set aside an arbitral award and resisting its enforcement in Hong Kong.
- Acted for the Respondent as sole advocate in a 5-day arbitration involving a US$20 million claim for breach of shareholders’ agreement, as well as interlocutory applications for disclosure of offshore company documents.
- KKC Capital Limited Partnership v Agape International Enterprise Limited, HCA 2240/2016: For the judgement creditor in applying for a charging order over convertible bonds.
- FT Life Insurance Company Ltd v. Lo Kwok Wai, DCCJ 4999/2015: For the insurance company in applying for summary judgment against ex-agent for an unpaid debt
- Poh Po Lian v. Tong Chi Kong Jody, HCA 1280/2012 (led by Douglas Lam S.C.): For the Plaintiffs in the trial on the torts of maintenance and champerty.
- Cheer Signal Development Limited v. Wong Siu Fan, HCA 780/2015 (led by Anson Wong S.C. and Christopher Chain): For the Plaintiff in applying for a Mareva injunction up to the value of HK$127 million in relation to a fraud claim.
- SBC CPA Limited v. Au Ka Man Silkie,  4 HKLRD 842 (with Jonathan Chang): For the Plaintiff in applying for an interlocutory injunction against ex-employees for breach of confidence and copyright infringement.
- Great River Corp. Limited v. China NTG Gansu Gas Limited, HCMP 1967/2012 (led by William Wong S.C.): For the 1st Defendant in applying to discharge an interim injunction granted in aid of BVI proceedings.
- Advising a Macau gaming concessionaire on resisting an application for stay of proceedings for unpaid debts on forum non-conveniens grounds.
- Advising a firm of solicitors on a Writ of Subpoena Duces Tecum served thereupon.
- Advising a catering management service company on the meaning of “sale” of liquor under the Dutiable Commodities (Liquor) Regulations (Cap. 109B).
- Advising on the merits and evidence of the defendant in a mortgagee action.
- LWYA v. KYW, FCMC 14018/2011: For the Respondent Husband on the issue of jurisdiction in taxation hearing of costs in preliminary issue trial
- LLC v. LWMA, FCMC 4683/2014: For the Petitioner wife in applying for litigation funding under section 3 of the MPPO (Cap. 192).
- WMY v. CSK, FCMC 17011/2011: For the Petitioner wife in applying for variation of the cost order made after the ancillary relief trial
- LLC v LWMA, FCMC 4683/2014 (led by Douglas Lam S.C.): For the Petitioner wife in a preliminary issue trial on the beneficial ownership of the matrimonial home etc.
- Acted for the Petitioner wife on the enforcement of MPS undertakings.
- Advising the Respondent husband on an application for downward variation of a child maintenance order.
- Advising on an application for avoidance of disposition order under section 17 of the MPPO (Cap. 192).
- Advising the Respondent father on financial provision for the unmarried couple’s daughter under section 10 of the GMO (Cap. 13).
Land, Trusts and Probate
- Tierra Trading Limited v. Land Base Limited, HCMP 3074/2014 (led by Johnny Mok S.C.): For the paper owner/developer in a trial on adverse possession of land on Lockhart Road, Causeway Bay
- Ng Kam Kuk v. Chan Fung Chun, HCA 1432/2015: For the Plaintiff in resisting an application for an order of sale of land under Order 31, RHC
- Re Estate of Lam Kwok Leung, Deceased, HCA 1547/2016; HCMP 2634/2016 (with Teresa Wu): For the Plaintiffs in seeking an account and declaration of their interest in landed properties under the Intestates’ Estates Ordinance (Cap. 73)
- Menno Leendert Vos v. Global Fair Industrial Limited, HCA 4200/1995: For the Plaintiff in applying for a charging order absolute against the 6th Defendant’s landed property.
- Rightop Corporation Limited. v. Yau Wing Yan Joyce, HCMP 1209/2015: For the Plaintiffs in applying for summary disposal of their claim in trespass to land.
- Keymain International Ltd v. Chan Yin Fong, HCA 2618/2014 (led by Douglas Lam S.C.): For the Defendants in applying to strike out the Statement of Claim.
- Tierra Trading Limited v. Land Base Limited, HCMP 3074/2014 (led by Johnny Mok S.C.): For the Plaintiffs in resisting the continuation of the originating summons procedure on trespass to land and adverse possession as if begun by writ.
- To Pik Ha v. Lui Wai Fong, HCMP 557/2013; Lam Chi Ying v. To Pik Ha, HCA 1930/2013 (with Teresa Wu): For the Respondents in the Petition and the Plaintiff in the High Court Action in a joint trial involving two estates and relating to the ownership of company shares.
- Man Kai Tak v. 梁妹, DCCJ 1806/2010 (with Benny Lo): For the 2nd and 3rd Defendants in a trial on adverse possession of land in the New Territories.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Advising a local martial arts group on infringement of its IP rights in audio and written teaching materials
- HKK v N, HCCT 45/2012 (led by Wong Yan Lung S.C.): For a music record company in Third Party Proceedings relating to a reference to the Copyright Tribunal
- Member, Special Committee on Civic Education, Hong Kong Bar Association
- Contributing Editor of Hong Kong Civil Procedure (Sweet & Maxwell)
- CPD Seminar: “Demystifying the Law of Unjust Enrichment” (with Martin Kok, Martin Ho and Michael Lok) (October 2014)
- CPD Seminar: “Ring-fencing Domestic Property: Is there a solution?” (with Martin Kok and Michael Lok) (December 2014)
- CPD Seminar: “Updates on the Law Relating to Buildings and Town Planning in Hong Kong” (with Teresa Wu) (September 2015)
- CPD Seminar: “The Legal Aspect of Approval and Disapproval of Building Plans under the Buildings Ordinance (Cap. 123) (with Teresa Wu and Justin Lam) (October 2016)