Janine joined Des Voeux Chambers and commenced full practice in 2001. She has a broad civil and commercial practice appearing in a wide spectrum of cases, with particular emphasis on the following areas:
- Commercial disputes particularly in relation to corporate insolvency, mortgage disputes, company liquidation, shareholder’s disputes, derivative actions and commercial injunctions;
- All aspects of matrimonial law;
- Building and construction litigation including arbitration and advisory work;
- Employment disputes with a focus on post-termination restraints and in particular Springboard relief;
- Property and in particular building management and conveyancing disputes;
- Sale and carriage of goods litigation including in particular, cross-border trade disputes;
- Defamation and in particular defamation in the context of the internet.
Janine is fluent in English and Chinese (spoken and written) and has a basic working knowledge of Mandarin.
- Bar Council member (2001-2004), Member of the Bar Council’s Special Committee on Welfare (2004 – present)
- External Assessor, Civil Advocacy P.C.LL course, University of Hong Kong (2009-2011)
- Part-time tutor in Legal Skills, University of Hong Kong (2002-2003, 2003-2004)
- Alumni of and guest advocacy advisor to the Philip C. Jessup International Moot Team of the University of Hong Kong (2001 – 2004)
- Alumni of and guest advisor to the University of Hong Kong English Debating Team (2001 – 2004)
- Dr. C.J. Symons Scholarship 1994- 1997