Johnny obtained his LLB from the University of Hong Kong in 1998 with first class honour. After finishing his BCL in the University of Oxford and his pupillage, he joined Chambers in 2001. He has a broad civil and commercial practice, with a developing focus on Chancery matters in recent years.
- Secretary for Justice v. Chinachem Charitable Foundation Limited & Ors, HCMP 853/2012 (CFI), CACV 44/2013 (CA). Acting on behalf of the Foundation in the matter concerning the proper construction of the Will of Nina Wang, which raised legal issues on, inter alia, trust law and charity law.
- Hong Kong Broadband Network Ltd v. The Director of Highways & Anr, HCAL 58/2010 (CFI). Acting on behalf of the applicant in the judicial review application, challenging the legality of certain decisions on various administrative law grounds.
- Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs v. Hashu Dhalomal Shahdadpuri & Anr  5 HKLRD 690 (CFI), HCMP 266/2011 (CA). Acting on behalf of HMRC in an application for Mareva injunction under s.21M of the High Court Ordinance in aid of foreign substantive action, which raised an issue whether the application amounted to indirect enforcement of foreign revenue law.
- Chinachem Charitable Foundation Ltd v. Chan Chun Chuen & Anr, HCAP 8/2007 (CFI), CACV 62/2010 (CA), (2011) 14 HKCFAR 798(CFA). Acting on behalf of the Foundation in challenging the validity of an alleged will on various grounds including inter alia forgery, want of knowledge and approval, want of testamentary capacity, want of testamentary intent.
- Chui Pui Kun v. Fook Lam Moon Restaurant Ltd & Ors  1 HKLRD 964 (CFI). Acting on behalf of the applicant director for inspection and taking copies of minutes of board meetings and shareholders’ meetings.
- China Merchants Kin Swiss Transportation Co Ltd & Anr v. Treasure Wise Ltd & Ors 4 HKLRD 9 (CFI), CACV 66/2008 (CA),  2 HKLRD 462. Acting for the plaintiffs in asserting the use of a right of way under an express grant for container trucks traffic.