Michael obtained First Class Honours in both his LL.M. at the University of Cambridge and LL.B. at King’s College London. He joined Des Voeux Chambers in 2018 upon completion of his pupillage with Mr. Johnny Ma, Mr. Alan Kwong, Mr. Jason Yu and Mr. Osmond Lam.
Michael has a broad civil and commercial practice, including but not limited to Company and Insolvency, Commercial, Property, Trusts, Intellectual Property, Arbitration and Construction. He accepts instructions for both advocacy and advisory work and has appeared in the High Court both in his own right and as junior counsel.
- Chan Kai Yan & Anor. v Leung Chi Kit & Ors (HCA 2498/2014) - resisting application for striking out the action on ground of, inter alia, reflective loss (led by Dr. William Wong SC, with Mr. Alan Kwong)
- China Baoli Technologies Holdings Ltd & Ors v Orient Equal International Group Ltd &ors v Lantau Holdings Ltd & Ors (HCA 1399/2018) - resisting application for payment of fortification for an injunction out of court, involving issues concerning authority, res judicata and foreign law (led by Dr. William Wong SC)
- Re Glory Sky Financial Limited (HCCW 266/2018) - appearing for the petitioner of the company in a winding up petition (as sole advocate)
- Chen Chuang Xin v Zhao Bin (HCCT 59/2017) - application for charging order absolute (as sole advocate)
- Euro Search (Hong Kong) Ltd v Snow Lake Capital (HK) Ltd  HKCFI 2292 - Resisting application for variation of cost order nisi (as sole advocate)
- Choi Lisa Mei Yin v Yau Pak Kin (HCA 3/2012) - Resisting application for charging order (as sole advocate)
- General Appliance (Hong Kong) Limited v Friendship Investment Limited & Ors. (HCA 1607/2018) - Resisting a mandatory injunction application for delivery-up (sole advocate)
- Dickson Holding v Moravia CV (HCMP 2665/2017) – Company & Insolvency – application for an interlocutory injunction restraining disposal of shares (led by Mr. Alan Kwong and Miss Stephanie Wong)
- Arbitration – Application for a post-judgment Mareva injunction in aid of the enforcement of a Mainland arbitral award (led by Dr. William Wong SC)
- Society of Construction Law Hong Kong Bar Scholarship (2018)
- Corpus Christi College Cambridge Postgraduate Law Prize (2017)
- Jessica Learmond-Criqui Prize in Labour Law (2015)
- Associateship of King’s College (2015)
English, Mandarin and Cantonese