Pat Lun is an experienced barrister and was called to the Bar of England and Wales in 1994 and he has been a member of the Hong Kong Bar Association for over 20 years.
Since joining Des Voeux Chambers in 1995, Pat Lun’s practice has encompassed a broad spectrum of different types of commercial litigation, common law tort claims, contract disputes, trust and probate disputes and company matters. Pat Lun has regularly advised on and appeared as an advocate a wide range of appellate, trial and interlocutory Court proceedings and in Statutory Tribunals.
- LIBERTARIAN INVESTMENT LTD v. THOMAS ALEXEJ HALL (25/02/2011, HCA2533/2006). Claims for Breach of Trust and Breach of Fiduciary Duty.
- CHINA CONSTRUCTION REALTY LTD v. SINO BUSINESS SERVICES PROPRIETARY LTD AND OTHERS (02/02/2007, HCA1294/2005). Setting aside default judgment.
- LEE YUNG SHING AND OTHERS v. CHAN HING KAI, the Executor of MADAM MOK NG (deceased) AND ANOTHER (19/04/2007, HCA2043/2005). Claim for possession of land and resisting claim for adverse possession.
- HANTEC SECURITIES CO v. TSUI CHIU MAN AND ANOTHER (19/03/2003, HCA8794/1991). Claim for malicious falsehood.
- CHAU HUNG KAU v. TEXGAR LTD. AND OTHERS (24/12/2001, HCMP1372/2000). S. 168A Petition for winding-up.
- CHAU HUNG KAU v. TEXGAR LTD. AND OTHERS (02/04/2001, HCMP1372/2000). Contempt of court proceedings.
- WONG KWOK SUN, ERNEST v. TONG YING YUNG, JAMES AND ANOTHER (24/04/2001, HCMP1538/2000). S. 168A Petition for winding-up.
- THE 1998 COMMISSION OF INQUIRY ON THE NEW AIRPORT UNDER THE COMMISSIONS OF INQUIRY ORDINANCE (CAP. 86) TO INQUIRE INTO THE OPERATION OF THE NEW AIRPORT (HONG KONG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT). Acted as junior counsel to Mr John Griffiths, QC and Teresa Cheng on behalf of HACTL.
- GALCO INTERNATIONAL TOYS N.V. v. KADER INDUSTRIAL CO. LTD. (23/08/1996, HCA250/1991). Acted as junior counsel to Mr John Griffiths, QC and Mr Barrie Barlow for the successful Defendant, a well-known locally listed company.
- YUE XIU FINANCE CO. LTD. and Another v. DERMOT AGNEW and Others (26/07/1995, HCA3959/1995). Acted as junior counsel to William Stone, QC. Successful strike-out application