Sharon completed her BBA (Law) and LLB degree at the University of Hong Kong with First Class Honours, and went on to complete her LLM degree at Harvard Law School. She joined Chambers as a tenant in 2017 after completion of her pupillage with Mr. Jose-Antonio Maurellet SC, Ms. Maggie Wong, Mr. John Hui and Mr. Christopher Chain.
Sharon is developing a broad civil practice encompassing company and insolvency work, property and trusts matters, and a wide spectrum of other civil and commercial disputes. She appears regularly in courts as a sole advocate or a led junior.
She has also been appointed as a part-time lecturer of law (non-clinical) in Equity and Trusts at the University of Hong Kong for the academic year 2017-2018.
- Chen Hongqing v. Mi Jingtian & Others (Unrep., HCMP 962/2017, 27 June 2017) – appointment of receiver over shares pursuant to Section 21M of High Court Ordinance and Section 45 of Arbitration Ordinance (led by Mr. Jose-Antonio Maurellet SC)
- Re X Ltd and Y Ltd (Unrep.,HCCW 118-119/2017, 30 August 2017) – application for sanction by provisional liquidators to sell all business of the company (led by Mr. Jose-Antonio Maurellet SC and with Mr. Michael Lok); appointment of provisional liquidators (with Mr. Michael Lok)
- Re Jessop & Baird (Hong Kong) Limited (HCCW 352/2016) – appointment of receiver over all assets of a company (led by Mr. Jose-Antonio Maurellet SC)
- Tin Lik v Deutsche Bank AG & Ors (CACV 145/2016) – application for leave to appeal to the Court of Final Appeal on questions of equitable set-offs (with Mr. John Hui)
- Sha Lo Tung Development Co Ltd v Persons occupying Lot Nos. 513, 1315, 1320 in DD No. 31 & Ors (HCA 1976/2017) - application for interim injunction against unidentified trespassers on New Territories Land (with Ms. Maggie Wong)
- Tsoi Chik Sang Lawrence v Fonduet Industrial Limited (HCA 4341/2003) – Examination of judgment debtor under O.49B of Rules of High Court (with Ms. Maggie Wong)
- Re Amylinear International Limited and Amylin Enterprises Limited (Unrep., HCMP 3596-3597/2016, 12 July 2017) – leave to convene shareholders’ meeting under section 570 of Cap. 622 (with Mr. Michael Lok)
- Chen Hongqing v. Mi Jingtian & Others (HCMP 962/2017) – variation of costs order nisi (as sole advocate)
- Re Noble Crest Limited & Ors (HCA 596/2017, HCMP 597/2017, HCMP 599/2017) – rectification of information on the Companies Registry (as sole advocate)
- Re Quantum Enhanced Fund (HCCW 102/2017) – application for substitution of petitioner in winding up proceedings (as sole advocate)
- Harvard Law School Dean’s Scholar Prize for Constitutional Law: Separation of Powers, Federalism, and Fourteenth Amendment (2016)
- Peter Vine Postgraduate Law Scholarship (2015)
- Jarvis and Kensington Prize for Trial Advocacy (2015)
- Hong Kong Trustees Association Prize in Equity and Trust (2014)
- The University of Hong Kong – Dean’s Honours List (2011, 2012, 2014)
- The HKSAR Government Scholarship Fund (2009 - 2011)
- The HKU Foundation Scholarship for Outstanding Students (2009 - 2011)
Part-time lecturer (non-clinical) in Equity and Trust at the University of Hong Kong (2017-2018)
English, Cantonese, Mandarin