Terrence joined Des Voeux Chambers as a tenant in 2016 after obtaining First Class Honours in his juris doctor degree (ranking second in his year), and a Distinction in the Bachelor of Civil Law degree at the University of Oxford.
Terrence was awarded the Bar Scholarship and the Charles Ching Memorial Scholarship in 2015 and 2016 respectively.
Terrence is developing a broad civil and commercial practice and has been involved in cases concerning trusts, probate, land, company and corporate insolvency matters. He is fluent in English and Chinese.
- Bar Scholarship
- Charles Ching Memorial Scholarship
- Privacy Commissioner Prize in Privacy and Data Protection Law
- Subject Prize in Dissertation
- Subject Prize in Commercial Law
- Hong Kong Mediation and Arbitration Centre Award
- Subject Prize in Contract Law
- Subject Prize in Tort Law
- Hogan Lovells Scholarship
- Prince Philip Scholarship
- Tutor, Faculty of Law, University of Hong Kong
- Re ATV HCMP 39/2017 (Validation Order)
- Re ATV HCMP 1278/2017 (Scheme of Arrangement)
- Fung Chuen v. Sandmartin International Holdings Ltd HCMP 1044/2017 (inspection of documents under s.740 of Cap.622)
- Wong Shing Wah v William Wong & Or HCA 2264/2017 (interlocutory injunction to restrain removal of party to shareholder agreement as director of company)
- Re Buy Together HK Ltd HCCW 212/2016 (conversion of compulsory winding-up into voluntary winding-up under s.209A of Cap.32) (unled)
- Zhi, Charles v. Kor Sing Mung Michael & Ors HCA 977/2016 (application to strike out a claim against listed company)
General Civil and Commercial
- GF Trading S.A v. Mingzi Trading Co. Ltd HCA 2011/2017(Email fraud, obtained ex-parte Mareva and propriety injunctions, Bankers Trust, Norwich Pharmacal Orders) (unled)
- Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao (Taikoo ) Ltd (in compulsory Liquidation) v. Leung Yee Wai Mona & Ors HCA 125/2012 (Successfully resisted application for security for costs)
- Ipson Renovation Ltd v. IO of Connie Towers HCCT 26/2014 (Breach of Contract - Trial)
- BMC Global Ltd & Anor v. Tor Asia Credit Master Fund Lp & Ors HCA 2392/2016 (interlocutory injunction to restrain exercise of powers under debenture and disposal of company assets)
- Step Perfect Ltd & Anor v. Gregory Goldstein & Anor HCA 846/2017 (stay of proceedings, forum non conveniens, dismissal of interlocutory injunction application)
- Li Yan Hun v. Li Yau Chun HCAP 25/2015 (Probate - trial on affidavit evidence) (unled)
- Mi Jingtian v. Stephen Liu & Or HCA1103/2017 (Interim injunction against listed company and its chairman based on alleged defamation)
- Chu Kong v. Sun Min & Ors HCMP 3605/2016 (Committal for contempt; setting aside ex parte leave)
- Re Yuen Lai Gwen HCB 8839/2016 (bankruptcy petition representing the petitioner) (unled)
- Various applications under Part II of the Mental Health Ordinance (Cap 136) for appointment of committee, s.24 payee and maintenance.
Fluent in English and Chinese