Tommy Cheung is a Bar Scholar. Prior to joining Des Voeux Chambers, he obtained Distinction in his BCL from the University of Oxford, with a prize for best performance in Corporate Insolvency Law. He also received First Class Honours in both his LLB and BBA(Law) (Majoring in Accounting) from the University of Hong Kong, ranking first in his year.
Tommy is keen to develop a broad practice and accepts instructions for both advocacy and advisory work. He has been involved in a wide range of cases on Civil, Commercial and Public Laws as counsel and during his pupillage with Mr Giles Surman, Mr Johnny Ma, Mr Jenkin Suen, Mr Calvin Cheuk and Mr John Hui. He has particular interest and experience in Land Law, Probate and Trusts Law, as well as Insolvency and Bankruptcy Law.
Tommy is a part-time lecturer in Land Law at the Department of Law of the University of Hong Kong. He is capable of providing written submissions and conducting hearings in both English and Chinese.
- Bar Scholarship
- Des Voeux Chambers Scholarship
- Magdalen Hong Kong Scholarship
- South Square Prize for Corporate Insolvency Law
- Baker & McKenzie Prize in Commercial Law
- The Minvie Leung Prize for Property Litigation
- Society of Construction Law Hong Kong Scholarship
- LexisNexis Book Prize for Legal Research Skills
- Law Society of Hong Kong/ Bloomsbury Books Prizes
- Association of China-Appointed Attesting Officers Scholarship
- HKSAR Government Scholarship
- HSBC Overseas Scholarship
- Bank of China (Hong Kong) Scholarship
- The Bank of East Asia Scholarship
- Dah Sing Bank Scholarship
- Hong Kong Securities Institute Scholarship
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants Prize
- Dean’s Honours List
- 15 other scholarships and awards by HKU
- Part-time Lecturer in Land Law, Department of Law, University of Hong Kong
Fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese