Practised from DVC between 1984 and 1989. Practised from Keating Chambers, the leading construction set in the UK, from 1989 to date. Returned to full time practice at DVC in 2010. Extensive experience in all aspects of (i) arbitration law and procedure both as advocate and arbitrator, (ii) building, engineering and construction litigation and arbitration, (iii) negligence claims against construction professionals (architects, engineers, project managers and building/quantity surveyors and (iii) the law as it applies to the environment.
Comments from recent editions of Chambers & Partners include: ‘hardworking and very approachable’... ‘unstuffy and informal’.... ‘trusted performer’. Recommended in ‘International Arbitration’ in Chambers Asia 2010 and 2011, 'Commercial Dispute Resolution' 2016.
Ian Pennicott SC has been recognised as Leading Senior Counsel in Hong Kong's Construction and Barristers list in the 2017 edition of Doyles.
"Ian Pennicott QC of Des Voeux Chambers is considered a "specialist in construction" and draws on many years of practice in both Hong Kong and London. He also handles energy-related matters and is a seasoned arbitration counsel."
Chambers & Partners 2016 (Commercial Dispute Resolution)
- Contributor to Keating on ‘Building/Construction Contracts’ (5th to 8th Editions).
- Contributor to Halsbury’s Laws of England ‘Building Contracts’ (4th Edition).
- Consultant Editor to Halsbury’s Laws of England ‘Fuel and Energy’ (4th Edition).
- Consultant Editor to Halsbury’s Laws of England ‘Cross Country Pipelines’ (4th Edition).
- Consultant Editor to Halsbury’s Laws of England ‘Building’ and ‘Building Contracts’ (5th Edition).
- Consulting Editor to forthcoming Halsbury's Laws of England 'Energy' (5th Edition').
- MCIArb (UK)
- Member of the Technology and Construction Bar Association (UK)
- Member of the Commercial Bar Association (UK)
- Member of the Society of Construction Law (UK & Hong Kong)
- Panel of Arbitrators, Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre