With the implementation of the spirit of the Security of Payment Legislation (“SOPL”) in new public works contracts from December 2021 onwards and the imminent enactment of the SOPL, which is expected to have a profound impact on the landscape of the construction industry, it is high time for stakeholders of the Hong Kong construction community to familiarize themselves with and to prepare for the adjudication process envisaged under the Hong Kong scheme.
Des Voeux Chambers (DVC) and Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) will co-organize a Lunch Seminar entitled “Preparing for the Hong Kong Security of Payment Scheme: Pay Now Argue Later” on 15 Dec 2022 (12:00 PM – 1:30 PM). In this HKIAC-DVC Lunch Seminar, a panel of construction dispute resolution experts will explore the overall framework and nature of the adjudication system under the SOPL and discuss how it is intended to operate and any predictions and potential challenges.
The speakers are:
- Eric Ng, Deputy Secretary-General at HKIAC
- Calvin Cheuk, Barrister at Des Voeux Chambers
- Kaiser Leung, Barrister at Des Voeux Chambers
- May Ng, Partner at DLA Piper
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm: Registration (light lunch will be provided)
- 12:30 pm – 12:35 pm: Welcome Remarks by Mariel Dimsey, Secretary-General, HKIAC
- 12:35 pm – 1:30 pm: Seminar
For more details and registration, please click here.
Sign up now!