Tiffany is a Bar Scholar. She completed her degree in Jurisprudence from the University of Oxford in 2015 with First Class Honours, with first class results in contract, tort, company, family, administrative, and EU law. She then obtained a Distinction in her BCL degree at the University of Oxford in 2017, with a distinction in intellectual property law and family law.
Tiffany has a broad civil and commercial practice. She regularly acts in company and insolvency disputes, and has also acted in cases concerning property and trusts, intellectual property, defamation, family and matrimonial law.
Tiffany frequently appears in Court as a sole advocate, and has appeared in the Court of Appeal in her own right. She has also acted as a led junior in various prominent cases. Tiffany is also developing an active arbitration practice.
Tiffany has acted for and against domestic and multinational entities in various sectors, including banking and financial services, e-commerce, real estate, construction, education, entertainment, aviation, etc. Notably, Tiffany has acted in the disputes over Peking University Founder Group’s keepwell bond default, Tsinghua University Unigroup’s keepwell bond default, Carnival Group’s bond default, Hsin Chong Group Holdings Limited’s liquidation, and the Convoy Collateral Limited litigation.
Tiffany speaks English, Cantonese and Putonghua at a native level.
Company and Insolvency
- Citicorp International Limited v Tsinghua Unigroup Co. Ltd HCA 1269/2021 (Acting for the trustee of Tsinghua “keepwell bond” bondholders in the landmark c. US$480 million claim for breach of obligations under a keepwell deed and deed of equity interest purchase undertaking.) Led by Rachel Lam SC.
- Re: Hong Kong JHC Co. Ltd & Re: Founder Information (Hong Kong) Ltd HCCW 340/2020 & HCCW 350/2020 (Application for appointment of provisional liquidators over Peking University Founder Group Company’s ultimate subsidiary). Led by Ms. Rachel Lam SC and Mr. Yang-Wahn Hew.
- Chan WS and Chan CNP v CC Bank  HKCA 1037 (Acting for the Bank in the Court of Appeal. Successfully overturned the first instance decision to set aside a statutory demand). As sole counsel.
- Convoy Collateral Limited v Cho Kwai and Ors HCA 399/2018 (Acting for a Company against various de jure, de facto and/or shadow directors for alleged wrongdoings.) With Mr. John Hui and Mr. Howard Wong.
- ZPMC Offshore Service Co Ltd v Philip Jeffrey Adkins, RBF HK Ltd and Ors HCMP 426/2017 (Seeking summary judgment). With Mr. Richard Zimmern.
- Wong James Wai Ling v Forest Ocean International Ltd HCMP 1586/2018 (Seeking leave to commence statutory derivative action) As sole advocate.
- Lee Kin Man v Long Sing Union Engineering Limited HCA 1873/2019 (Statutory derivative action.) Led by Mr. Douglas Lam SC.
- Chiu Tat Si v Tune Bright Investments Limited HCMP 1473/2019 (Application to convene annual general meetings pursuant to s.610(7) Companies Ordinance (Cap.622) As sole advocate.
- Chan Pui Sze & Mak Hau Yin v Wang Jue HCMP 1655/2017 (Application to stay s.49 Bankruptcy Ordinance proceedings by joint and several trustees of a bankrupt). With Ms. Rachel Lam SC.
- Re Zexin Properties HCCW 348/2017 (Appointment of Liquidators). With Mr. Richard Zimmern.
- Tam King Ching Kenny v Shanghai Industrial Investment (Group) Company Limited & Lau Wing Ching HCMP 2547/2016 (Opposing application under s. 285 and 255 CWUMPO- to convene creditors’ meeting for appointment of fresh liquidators.) As sole advocate.
- The Joint and Several Trustees of the Property of Chau Cham Wong Patrick, a Bankrupt v Laneve Company H.K. Limited HCA 1714/2014 (Setting aside default judgment.) With Mr. Michael Lok.
- Re Hsin Chong Construction Company Limited & Hsin Chong Construction (Asia) Limited HCCW 239/2018 & HCCW 316/018
- Acting for provisional liquidators in winding up proceedings. Led by Ms. Rachel Lam SC.
- Acting for provisional liquidators in the Mandatory Provident Fund Schemes Authority’s application for a validation order. Led by Ms. Rachel Lam SC.
- Mok Wan Fung & Anor v KNK Holdings Limited HCCW 350/2019 (Acting for the Company). As sole counsel.
- Re China Ocean Industry Group Limited HCCW 230/2019 (Acting for opposing creditors). As sole counsel.
General Civil and Commercial
- Yu QuanLi and Lou XiaoJie v Sun Kin Wing HCA 1671/2018
- Ex Parte application for Worldwide Mareva injunction, asset preservation and ancillary disclosure order in the context of fraud. Led by Dr. William Wong SC.
- Application for Banker’s Trust Order. As sole advocate.
- Opposing application to stay civil proceedings pending criminal proceedings on related matters. Led by Dr. William Wong SC.
- Opposing application to amend the terms of, and to sell assets subject to, the Worldwide Mareva Injunction. As sole advocate.
- Opposing an application to stay the civil action pending determination of criminal proceedings against the Defendant. Led by Dr. William Wong SC and Mr. Patrick Siu.
- Chen Lingxia v 中國金谷國際信託有限責任公司 and Ors HCA 2012/2016
- Opposing application to discharge injunction. Led by Mr. Anson Wong SC, with Ms. Rachel Lam SC and Ms. Cherry Xu.
- Opposing an application to stay Hong Kong proceedings on the grounds of forum non conveniens and under O.12 r.8, Rules of the High Court.
- Kwan Shuk Ching v Wan Mei Yau HCA 2765/2016
- Dispute over beneficial ownership of 2 properties. Led by Mr Jenkin Suen (now Mr. Jenkin Suen SC).
- Application for inspection and specific discovery of documents. As sole advocate.
- Opposing an application for sale of a property under the Partition Ordinance. As sole advocate.
- Dacheng Enterprise Company v Global Bio-Chem Technology Group Company Limited HCA 2738/2017 (Resisting strike-out application.) With Mr. Christopher Chain.
- MG Charter Ltd v Beijing Caissa International Travel Service Co Ltd HCA 1635/2012 & HCCL 7/2014
- Acting for a flight chartering company in a RMB 200 million-dollar contractual dispute against a retail flight sales company. With Mr. Christopher Chain.
- Application for specific discovery. As sole advocate.
- Application for expert directions. With Mr. Christopher Chain.
- Resisting an application to strike out parts of witness statements on the ground that they included opinion evidence. With Mr. Christopher Chain.
- Yu QuanLi and Lou XiaoJie v UBS AG HCA 2975/2018 (Acting for the plaintiffs against the bank for breach of contract, negligence, and vicarious liability for the tort and breach of quistclose trust by an ex-employee.) Led by William Wong SC and with Look Chan Ho.
- Advised on the extent of obligations when complying with a data access request. With Mr. Christopher Chain.
- Egner David Parks & Ors v Cathay Pacific Airways Limited & Anor HCA 244, 245, 246 and 247 of 2014 (Acting for the plaintiffs for a breach of contract claim.) Led by Mr. Chua, Guan-Hock SC and Mr. Kam K.L. Cheung.
- Selection One Limited v Universal Housing Construction Engineering Limited HCA 669/2019 (Acting for the defendant in a negligence claim against a scaffolding contractor.) As sole counsel.
- Henry Wai & Co. v Aurora Fashionwear Company Limited & Ors DCCJ 110/2017 (Resisting an application to set aside default judgment.) As sole counsel.
- Koo Ming Kown v Chan Chi Mong Hopkins HCA 1315/2019 (Claim for passing off). Led by Mr. Jenkin Suen SC.
- Poh Po Lian & Luck Continent v Jody Tong & Smartgo HCA 1280/2012 (Worldwide Mareva injunction and ancillary disclosure order.) As sole advocate.
- Tse Moon Lam v The Personal Representative of the Estate of Carlos Man Vergara, Deceased DCCJ 5175/2017 (Application for default judgment for adverse possession claim.) As sole advocate.
- Ronald Ji & Ors v Hong Kong TV International Media Group Limited HCA 2735/2017 (Setting aside order for service out of jurisdiction.) As sole advocate.
- Suen Wai Mo v Lam Hong Ki & Ors HCA 133/2020 (Dispute over beneficial ownership of shares in 2 companies). Led by Jenkin Suen SC.
- Resisted specific discovery application. As sole counsel.
- Application for summary judgment. Led by Jenkin Suen SC.
- Application for interim receivership. Led by Jenkin Suen SC.
- Lucy Lee v Frederick Lee & Anor HCAP 12/2017 (Probate action). Led by Mr. Jenkin Suen SC.
- Opposed application for extension of validity of writ and joinder of Defendants to Defence and Counterclaim. As sole counsel.
- Wei Shuai v Li Yuji HCMP 2049/2019 (Dispute over beneficial ownership of properties). With Ms. Catrina Lam
- Successfully resisted an application to convert the originating summons into a writ action. (With Ms. Catrina Lam)
- South China Media v Ng Chi Fai & Brilliant Bright (HK) Ltd HCA 425/2020. (Joinder of Plaintiffs and Defendant) As sole counsel.
- Chan Kei Miranda v Hung Kin Lam, Wu Ming Chun and Chi Tat Enterprise Co HCMP 2260/2019
- Dispute regarding alleged dissolution of, and receivership over, a partnership (Led by Ms. Rachel Lam SC)
- Resisted an application for interim receivership (Led by Ms. Rachel Lam SC)
- Chen EnHong v JD.com International Limited HCMP 1232/2020 (Resisted an application for Norwich Pharmacal order). As sole counsel.
- Wong Lee Yuk Ping Agnes v Commissioner of Police & Wah Sun Hong Limited HCMP 722/2019 (Dispute over implied undertaking to the Court in respect of documents supplied to the Police for investigations.) Led by Ms. Audrey Eu SC.
- Tong Seak Kan v Pang Chung Fai Benny & Ors HCA 412/2021 (Acting for the victim of a fraudulent scheme in a c. US$30 million claim.) With Mr. John Hui.
- v HCMC 4/2016 (19 June 2018) (Matrimonial proceedings ancillary relief) With Mr. Yang-Wahn Hew.
- Application under s.17 Matrimonial Proceedings and Property Ordinance (Cap.192) to set aside a disposal of assets with the intention to defeat a financial provision claim. (Led by Mr. David Pilbrow SC and Ms. Mairéad Rattigan)
- Advised on merits of a pre-nuptial agreement, and its enforceability in Hong Kong. As sole counsel.
- Appealed against a decision of the Family Court dismissing a discovery application (Closed to public.) As sole advocate.
Arbitration & Advisory Work
- Acting for the claimants in a c. RMB 2 billion contractual dispute. Led by Douglas Lam SC.
- Advised on obtaining emergency relief in arbitration proceedings. As sole counsel.
- Advised on the liability and quantum of a potential personal injuries claim involving a major rehabilitation service provider in Hong Kong. As sole counsel.
- Advised on quantum of potential personal injuries claim involving a major bus company. As sole counsel.
- Advised on a public liability insurance policy involving a potential claim of around HK$200 million. As sole counsel.
- Advised on the ratification of the affairs of a company, and the legal requirements of relevant provisions in the Companies Ordinance and articles of association.
- Advised on the extent of obligations when complying with a data access request under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. With Mr. Christopher Chain.
- Advised on the scope of contractual obligations in relation to third party damage and subscription to construction third party (all risk) insurance policies led by Ms. Rachel Lam SC.
- Advised liquidators of a company on the proposed conduct and case management of litigation concerning the wound-up company led by Mr. Jenkin Suen SC.
Scholarships and Awards
- Bar Scholarship 
- Middle Temple Advocacy Scholarship 
- Mansfield College Graduate Award for Academic Excellence, University of Oxford 
- St. Hugh’s College Final Honour School Prize, University of Oxford 
Publications / Lecture / Talks
- Speaker, with Ms. Connie Lee.
- Speaker, with Mr. Yang-Wahn Hew.
- Speaker, (HKICPA talk) with Mr Howard Wong.
- Speaker, (HKICPA talk) with Mr Terrence Tai.
- Speaker, (CPD Talk) with Mr Look Chan Ho and Mr Vincent Chiu.
- Mooting Coach,
Specific Areas of Expertise
Defamation, Regulatory, Adjudication, Arbitration as counsel, Enforcement of Arbitral Award, Mediation Advocacy, Bankers’ Duties, Credit Financing, Financial Mis-selling, Moneylenders’ Actions, Securities Law, SFC Enforcement Actions, Contract, Conflict of Laws, Equity, Tort, Unjust Enrichment, Negotiable Instruments, Partnerships, Sale of Goods, Corporate Govermance, Compliance with Listing and Other Regulatory Rules, Derivative Action, Unfair Prejudice Petition, Divorce and Dissolution, Matrimonial Finance, Private Adjudication, Bankruptcy, Restructuring, Schemes of Arrangement, Winding-Up, Breach of Confidence, Copyright, Passing Off, Trademarks, Letters of Credit, Shipping, Auditors’ Negligence, Solicitors’ Negligence, Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, Data Technology, Decentralised Autonomous Organisations (DAOs), Digital Assets, Anton Piller Relief, Asset Tracing, Bankers’ Books Orders, Discovery, Injunction, Norwich Pharmacal Orders, Adverse Possession, Building Management, Charities, Conveyancing, Easements, Landlord & Tenants Disputes