Billy joined Chambers upon completion of his pupillage with Mr. Derek Chan SC, Mr. John Hui, Mr. Jason Yu, and Mr. Justin Lam.
Since joining Chambers, Billy has been practising in a wide range of areas of commercial litigation and arbitration. In particular, Billy has been involved in cases concerning company and insolvency matters, scheme of arrangement, shareholders’ disputes, and listed companies and SFC regulations. In terms of Court appearances, Billy is regularly instructed both in his own right and as junior counsel. Notably, he has experience acting in a substantive appeal before the Court of Appeal as sole advocate and conducting a trial before the Court of First Instance as sole trial counsel.
Billy obtained First Class Honours in his LLB at The Chinese University of Hong Kong. He went on to complete his LLM at the University of Cambridge, with first class result in the International Financial Law paper. He was the winner of the Hughes Hall Mooting Competition (before Lord Carnwath in the UK Supreme Court).
Billy is fluent in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin. He is experienced in drafting legal documents in both traditional and simplified Chinese. He has also previously provided Hong Kong law opinion for use in Mainland proceedings.
- Ho Wai Keung v. Billion Rich Investments Ltd  HKCA 929 (sole advocate) (employees’ compensation)
- Securities and Futures Commission v. Chen Li-Jun & Ors  HKCFI 1538 (with Mr. Alexander Tang)
- Re GTI Holdings Ltd  HKCFI 176 (led by Mr. Clifford Smith SC)
- Re CA Cultural Technology Group Ltd  HKCFI 3790 (with Mr. John Hui)
- 苏州太合汇投資管理有限公司 v. 霍尔果斯市摩伽互联娱乐有限公司  1 HKC 609,  HKCFI 3657 (led by Mr. Anson Wong SC and with Mr. Lai Chun Ho)
- Rich Trend Ltd v. Kingfair International Enterprise Ltd  HKCFI 3119 (sole oral advocate)
- Excel Jumbo International Ltd v. Cybernaut Greentech Investment Holding (HK) Ltd & Ors  HKCFI 3555 (with Mr. Jason Yu)
- Represented respondents before the Registered Contractors’ Disciplinary Board Panel (with Mr. Joseph Lee)
Scholarships and Awards
- Winner, Hughes Hall Mooting Competition (2020)
- Chairperson of the Steering Committee Award, The Asian WTO Moot (2017)
- The Deacons Prize in Law for Young Leaders (2017)
- Mr. Philip C.L. Shum Scholarship for Tort Law (2017)
- Mr. H.C. Mo Memorial Scholarship for Constitutional Law (2016)
- The LexisNexis Prize in Hong Kong Legal System (2016)
- Dean’s List, CUHK Faculty of Law (2016)